Welcome to the beta version of the new Women & Golf website. Our web monkeys are still hard at work and welcome your feedback.  



Final qualifying
HM Plant Honda's Cal Crutchlow took another pole position at Silverstone this afternoon while Airwaves Ducati's Shane Byrne finished off the front row, in sixth, for the first time this season. 
The second HM Plant bike of Leon Haslam fell slightly behind his team mate in second after holding pole for a good chunk of the session. Michael Rutter, who has been slightly down the order this weekend, found what he needed to put his NW200 Ducati in third ahead with Rob Mac Racing's Karl Harris rounding out the front row. 
After manic times for the Hydrex Animal Honda team, in which they swapped the swinging arm from James Ellison’s second bike onto his first bike in the five minute gap before the last dash session, finished eighth overall.
Quay Garage Honda's Gary Mason was again the only cup rider to make the third qualifying session, claiming 10th overall.
Qualifying two
Round two victims were both MSS Kawasaki riders Stuart Easton and Billy McConnell, Hawk Kawasaki's Scott Smart, Lloyds British Yamaha's Simon Andrews, TENA for Men man Tristan Palmer, Rizla Suzuki's Atsushi Watanabe, Team Maxxis rider David Johnson, Riders Racing Martin Jessopp, replacement riders SMT Honda Jason O’Halloran and Red Viper Honda Peter Hickman.
Atsushi Watanabe, Billy McConnell and James Ellison were late joiners to the session.  It was all systems go for Ellison’s team due to the rear spindle jamming on his number one bike, forcing him to use his number two bike which has no traction control. He successfully made it to the third and final round riding a bike that had a completely different setup to his main machine.

Qualifying One
Riders who were knocked out of round one of the qualifying sessions including Hydrex Animal Honda Guy Martin, NW200 John Laverty, STP Superbike man Chris Burns, Hardinge Ice Valley Motorsport's Tom Tunstall, Brookspeed's Leon Morris, MAR Adept rider Shannon Etheridge along with wildcard riders Francis Williamson of Moto Rapido Racing and Dan Steward of Wilcock Consulting.
Martin was robbed of taking part in the second round following a crash with eight minutes left to go in which he damaged a finger.  This did not stop him assisting his team in preparing the bike ready to return to the track. 
Unfortunately Martin lost his 17th position and was pushed down the timing sheets to 20th before Dave Johnson of Team Maxxis put in a flying last lap bumping him up to 17th, but eliminating Martin.
Etheridge only managed three laps in the session after arriving late due to the team having to change the engine and then suffering further oil problems making it unable for him to continue and therefore qualifying last.
Tunstall had one of his laps excluded due to missing out the chicane part of the circuit before finishing 25th overall.
Click here for times

Articles you may like


More British Superbikes

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram